Rekha to be awarded DIFF Lifetime Achievement Award
Veteran Bollywood actress and Rajya Sabha MP Rekha will be honoured by the upcoming Dubai International Film Festival (DIFF) with a Lifetime Achievement Award.
She will be honoured for her 40-year career contribution and participation in more than 180 films. 2016 DIFF will commence on 7 December 2016 and will conclude on 14 December 2016.
- She was born as Bhanu Rekha Ganesan on 10 October 1954 in Chennai in then Madras State (now Tamil Nadu).
- She is known for her versatility and is acknowledged as one of the finest actresses in Hindi cinema.
- She had started her film career in 1966 as a child actress in the Telugu film Rangula Ratnam. Her film debut as a lead was in Sawan Bhadon (1970). Since then she has acted in more than 180 films in a career spanning over 40 years.
- She has won 3 Filmfare Awards, 2 for Best Actress and 1 for Best Supporting Actress for her roles in Khubsoorat (1980), Khoon Bhari Maang (1988) and Khiladiyon Ka Khiladi (1996), respectively.
- She has won National Film Award for Best Actress for her portrayal of a classical courtesan in film Umrao Jaan (1981). Union Government has honoured her with Padma Shri in 2010.
About Dubai International Film Festival (DIFF)
DIFF is an annual film festival held in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. It was started in year 2004. Each year DIFF provides platform and presents new and exciting cinema from the Arab world, Asia, Africa and beyond. It is a not-for-profit cultural event, presented and organised by Dubai Entertainment & Media Organization.
Categories: India Current Affairs 2017