Renowned Tamil singer EM Hanifa passes away
Renowned Tamil Muslim devotional singer EM Hanifa passed away on 9 April 2015 in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. He was 90.
He was well-known for his number of devotional songs and was a leading propagandist of Dravida Munnettra Kazhagam (DMK) Party for more than five decades.
About EM Hanifa
- EM Hanifa hailed from pilgrim town of Nagore in Nagapattinam district of Tamil Nadu.
- His voice had transcended religious lines and Iraivanidam Kaiyenthungal (look up to God he never says no) song of him was an evergreen which was liked by all crossing across religious barriers.
- Apart from lending his voice for religious songs he was also well-known singer for popularizing the Dravidian ideals.
- Political career- He was a member of the Tamil Nadu Legislative Council (now defunct) in the early 1970s.
- In 2002, he had contested as a DMK Candidate from Vaniyambadi but was not able to win.
Categories: States Current Affairs - 2017