Renowned Telugu Cinema producer Edida Nageswara Rao passes away
Renowned Telugu Cinema Producer Edida Nageswara Rao passed away in Hyderabad, Telangana. He was 81.
He had produced numerous landmark movies Telugu Cinema (also known as Tollywood).
About Edida Nageswara Rao
- He was born on April 24, 1934 in East Godavari district of undivided Andhra Pradesh.
- He had started his career in film industry as a theatre artiste, dubbing artiste, film actor and later turned into a film producer by launching Poornodaya Movie Creations.
- His debut movie as producer was Siri Siri Muvva which was a runaway hit in 1978 and was directed by eminent director K. Vishwanath.
- In all he has produced 10 movies which turned out to be very popular and were big hits.
- Movies produced by him are Tayaramma Bangarayya (1979), Shankarabharanam (1979), Seetakoka Chiluka (1981), Sagarasangamam (1983), Sitara (1984), Swatimutyam (1986), Swayamkrushi (1987) and Apatbandhavudu (1991).
- Some of his movies have won National Film Award for best feature film in Telugu category, Nandi Awards and were screened in several international film festivals.
Categories: Persons in News