RIL appoints ex-IAS officer Maheshwar Sahu as independent director on board
Retired IAS officer Maheshwar Sahu from Gujarat has been appointed as an independent director on the board of Mukesh Ambani led Reliance Industries Limited (RIL).
With this appointment, he joins RIL as one of the eight independent directors on its 14-member board.
Sahu is popularly known as the man behind the success of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s brainchild event- Vibrant Gujarat summit.
About Maheshwar Sahu
- Maheshwar Sahu holds a degree in Electrical Engineering and Masters in Public Administration from University of Birmingham, UK.
- He has more than 23 years of experience in Civil Service and 15 years practical experience in industries including that of more than 5 years in Union Government.
- Sahu was Additional Chief Secretary (Industries and Mining) in Gujarat government. He has also served as Vice Chairman & Managing Director of Gujarat Industrial Development Corporation.
- He also had worked as Joint Secretary in Department of Telecom in Union Government for about 4 years and in Ministry of Environment & Forest as Joint Secretary.
- Sahu also had served as a Project Director in an UN assignment of Director of an International Technology Centre.