Rs 150 crore allocated for Rashtriya Gokul Mission for 2014-15
The “Rashtriya Gokul Mission” which aims to conserve and develop indigenous breeds in a focused and scientific manner will be allocated Rs 150.00 crores for 2014-15.
The Rashtriya Gokul Mission is a focused project under National Programme for Bovine Breeding and Dairy Development, with an outlay of Rs 500 crore during the 12th Five Year Plan.
The objectives of Rashtriya Gokul Mission:
- Development and conservation of indigenous breeds
- Undertake breed improvement programme for indigenous cattle breeds so as to improve the genetic makeup and increase the stock
- Enhance milk production and productivity
- Upgrade nondescript cattle using elite indigenous breeds like Gir, Sahiwal, Rathi, Deoni, Tharparkar, Red Sindhi
- Distribute disease free high genetic merit bulls for natural service.
The Mission will be implemented through the “State Implementing Agency” (SIA viz Livestock Development Boards).
Categories: India Current Affairs 2018