Sardar Singh bags best price at HIL auctions
The captain of Indian Hockey team, Sardar Singh commanded the best price of $78,000 from the Delhi franchisee as the players were auctioned in the Hockey India League auction.
About Hockey India League, Teams and it’s Marquee players:
- About Hockey India League
- Organized by Hockey India.
- Number of teams is Five which are franchisee based
- Teams to have players from India and around the world.
- The event is sanctioned by International Hockey Federation (FIH)
- Delhi Wave Riders
- Jaypee Punjab Warriors
- Mumbai Magicians
- Ranchi Rhinos
- Uttar Pradesh Wizards
Marquee Players: These are players whose crafts make them huge crowd pullers. There are 5 marquee players, three from India and rest from overseas. Each team gets equal opportunity to bid for marquee players. Teams will have to pay at least 15% moreto a marquee player than the best price commanded by a player in their respective teams. The marquee players are:
- Sardar Singh (from India) chosen by Delhi
- Moritz Fuertse (from Germany) went to Ranchi
- Teun de Nooijer (from the Netherlands) selected by Uttar Pradesh
- Jamie Dwyer (from Australia) taken by Punjab
- Sandeep Singh (India) taken by Mumbai