Sarjubala Devi gets Silver medal in World Women’s Boxing Championships
Indian Women Boxer, Sarjubala Devi has won Silver medal in the World Women’s Boxing Championships held in Jeju City, Korea. In the final match of the 48kg division, she lost to Nazym Kyzaibay of Kazakhstan by 0-3.
About Sarjubala Devi
- Sarjubala Devi is from Manipur. She was born in farmer’s family.
- In 2005, she started her boxing career after getting inspired from the success stories of famous Indian boxer Mary Kom.
- She joined boxing at school in 2005. In 2007 she joined a Sports Authority of India (SAI) training centre for boxing in Imphal, India.
- In 2011, she won gold medal in Youth World Women Boxing Championship organised in Turkey.
- She also has won medals in Sub-Junior, Junior Women National Championships and National Boxing Championships.
- In 2012, Olympic Gold Quest (OGQ) had announced to support her to prepare for 2016 Olympics as she isexpected to be serious medal prospect.
Categories: Sports Current Affairs 2018