Saroj Kumar Jha appointed as Senior Director in World Bank
Saroj Kumar Jha has been appointed Senior Director for the Fragility, Conflict and Violence Group in the World Bank.
It is a key position in the World Bank to provide strategic leadership to address the challenge of fragility, conflict and violence.
About Saroj Kumar Jha
- He is an alumnus of Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kanpur.
- Prior to this appointment he was working as World Bank’s Regional Director for Central Asia based in Almaty since February 2012.
- He also had worked as the World Bank’s Global Manager for Disaster Risk Management Practice.
- He joined the World Bank as a Senior Infrastructure Specialist in the Sustainable Development Network in 2005.
- Prior to it, he had worked with the Indian Government and the United Nation’s Development Program (UNDP).
Categories: Persons in News 2017