SEBI, Bangladesh SEC ink MoU on bilateral cooperation
Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) and Bangladesh Securities and Exchange Commission (BSEC) have signed a MoU on bilateral cooperation and technical assistance.
The MoU was signed by SEBI chairman U K Sinha and BSEC Chairman M Khairul Hossain in the presence of Prime Minister of Bangladesh Sheikh Hasina Wazed,.
- The MoU seeks to promote further development of economic links and cooperation between the two neighbouring countries.
- It also aims at enhancing investor protection and creating conditions for effective development of securities markets in both countries.
- It will further ease the training and technical assistance programme between the two different market jurisdictions.
- The MoU was signed by SEBI as part of its active engagement with the equities and commodities markets regulators in the SAARC region.
- So far, the equities and commodities market regulator SEBI has signed 20 such bilateral MoUs with other countries.
Categories: Business & Economy Current Affairs 2017