Senior journalist Aroon Tikekar passes away
Senior journalist and scholar Aroon Tikekar passed away in Mumbai, Maharashtra. He was 72.
He was associated with different various newspaper groups and has authored over 20 books.
About Aroon Tikekar
- Aroon Tikekar was born in 1944 in a family of authors and journalists.
- He has served as the Editor of Marathi newspaper Loksatta of the Indian Express Group Newspaper for over a decade from 1992 to 2002.
- He was also the reference chief of the Times of India (TOI) and a senior assistant editor for Maharashtra Times. He was Editor Director of Sakal group of newspapers.
- Prior to starting his journalistic career he had worked as a college teacher for some years. He was also Language and Literature Expert and Acquisitions Specialist at the US Library of Congress Office, New Delhi.
- He has authored over 20 books in Marathi as well as in English including The cloister’s pale: A Biography of the University of Mumbai.
- He is the recipient of several journalism and literary awards. He was adjunct professor in the Department of Journalism and Communications in the University of Pune.
Categories: Persons in News