V Shanmuganathan sworn in as 15th Governor of Meghalaya
V Shanmuganthan was sworn in as the 15th Governor of Meghalaya on 20 May 2015 at the oath taking ceremony held at Raj Bhawan in Shillong.
Chief Justice of the Meghalaya High Court, Uma Nath Singh administered the oath of office to him as per the provisions of Article 159 of Constitution of India.
He will succeed Keshari Nath Tripathi, governor of West Bengal who was given additional charge of Meghalaya since January 2015.
About V Shanmuganthan
- V Shanmuganthan was born on November 21, 1949.
- He holds a post-graduate and an M. Phil degree in political science.
- In 1962, he had joined Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) and later joined Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) where he had served in many party positions.
- He was also in charge of the Defence, Research & Documentation and Overseas Friends of BJP Cells.
- He is also a prolific writer and had written three books related to culture and social aspects in Tamil.