S K Sharma appointed CMD of Nuclear Power Corporation of India
Renowned scientist S K Sharma was appointed the Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL).
In his new role, Mr Sharm will be responsible for design, construction, commissioning and operation of nuclear power reactors.
He has been appointed to the new post for a period of five years. At present,he is working as Distinguished Scientist and Director (Operations) in NPCIL.
About Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited
- NPCIL is a government-owned corporation responsible for the generation of nuclear power for electricity.
- It is based in Mumbai, Maharashtra and is administered by the Department of Atomic Energy (DAE).
- Established: September 1987 under the Companies Act 1956.
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- All nuclear power plants operated by NPCIL are certified for ISO-14001 (Environment Management System).
- Till 2003, NPCIL was the sole corporation responsible for constructing and operating India’s commercial nuclear power plants.
Categories: Persons in News 2017