Shashi Kapoor’s Biography ‘Shashi Kapoor – the Householder, the Star’ released
Veteran actor Shashi Kapoor’s autobiography titled ‘Shashi Kapoor – the Householder, the Star’ was released recently.
The biography has been authored by film journalist Aseem Chhabra and with forword by Karan Johar. It unveils the chapters of actor’s personal and professional life.
About Shashi Kapoor
- Born as Balbir Raj Prithviraj Kapoor on March 18, 1938 in Kolkata, West Bengal.
- Started acting in films as a child in late 1940s. Since then he has appeared in 160 movies altogether, 12 being in English and the rest in Hindi.
- His Bollywood debut as a lead actor was in the film Dharmputra (1961). His best known performances as child artist were in Aag (1948), Awaara (1951) and Sangram (1950).
- He is also best-known for his performances in Hindi films like ‘Jab Jab Phool Khile’, ‘Deewar’, ‘Waqt’, ‘Trishul’, ‘Utsav’and ‘Kabhi Kabhie’.
- He also acted in American and British films. They are The Householder (1963), Shakespeare Wallah (1965), Bombay Talkie (1970), Heat and Dust (1982), The Deceivers (1988), Side Streets (1998) etc.
- Apart from acting in movies, he also had worked as a film director, assistant director and film producer.
- Awards and Honours: For his contribution to cinema, he has been conferred many awards including National Film Award for Best actor for the film New Delhi Times (1986), National Film Award Special Jury Award / Special Mention (Feature Film) for Muhafiz (1993), National Film Award Best Feature Film in Hindi (as Producer) for Junoon (1979), Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award (2010), Padma Bhushan (2011) and Dadasaheb Phalke Award (2014).
Categories: Persons in News