Singer-songwriter Dan Hicks passes away
Renowned American singer-songwriter Dan Hicks passed away after a two-year long battle with throat and liver cancer. He was 74.
He was known for his traditional mix of folk, jazz and country music. He was known as the frontman of the acoustic band Dan Hicks and His Hot Licks.
About Dan Hicks
- Born on December 9, 1949 to a military family,
- He began his musical expression as a drummer and later to sing and play guitar.
- His musical career was started in San Francisco in the 1960s playing drums for rock band The Charlatans.
- His last album was Live at Davies which was released in 2013 to cap over forty years of music career.
- Some of his famous songs are I Scare Myself, Canned Music and How Can I Miss You When You Won’t Go Away?.
Categories: Persons in News
Tags: Current Affairs 2016