Snapdeal to invest Rs 637 cr in R&D and launched Findmystyle.in website
Snapdeal’s R&D department launched its first product, a website Findmystyle.in which helps customers to pick products by data analysing and needs of the customers.
It has also announced to make investment of over 100 million US dollars i.e. 637 crore rupees in its Multimedia Research Lab over the next three years situated at Bengaluru.
Application of Findmystyle.in
- It is to analyse what the customers browse and which pattern of the purchase does they opt with the help of technology solutions and smart algorithms.
- These activities by customers on the shopping portal is studied by this website and helps to predict what customer needs the most and thus offers multiple choices within minimise search to them.
- This website is built with an aim to improve the shopping experience for the customers and sellers.
Fund raising and acquisitions:
- In order to make stronger technological base Snapdeal has recently acquired mobile recharge startup ‘Freecharge’, logistics firm ‘GoJavas’ and digital financial services platform ‘RupeePower’.
- It has raised about 1 billion US dollars last year, 500 million US dollars each from Alibaba and Foxconn and is in process to raise 500 million US dollars from the soft bank.
All this shows that Snapdeal is all set to compete with its arch rivals in Indian e-commerce market.
It should be noted that the Snapdeal has over 40 million registered users and more than 1,50,000 business sellers.
Categories: Business & Economy Current Affairs 2017