Stree Shakti Puraskar 2014
President of India Mr. Pranab Mukherjee on 8 March 2015, awarded Stree Shakti Puraskar 2014 to six illustrious women on International Women’s Day for their distinguished services for the upliftment of women.
The award was given in six categories named after eminent women personalities in the Indian history. They are Kannagi, Rani Gaidinliu Zaliang, Rani Ahilyabai Holkar, Rani Lakshmibai, Rani Rudramma Devi and Mata Jijabai. These women are famous for their personal courage and integrity.
Awardees of Stree Shakti Puraskar 2014 are
- Rani Gaidinliu Zeliang Award: Sister Mariola (Rajasthan).
- Rani Lakshmibai Award: Seema Prakash (Madhya Pradesh).
- Rani Rudramma Devi Award: Astha Sansthan- NGO (Rajasthan).
- Mata Jijabai Award: Chandraprabha Bokey (Maharashtra).
- Kannagi Award: P. Bhanumati (Kerala).
- Devi Ahilyabai Holkar Award: Anay Rahit Zindagi- NGO (Goa).
About Stree Shakti Puraskar
- Objective: To recognize the spirit of courage of women in difficult circumstances, who has established this spirit of courage in her personal or professional life.
- It also recognizes pioneering contribution of an individual in empowering women and raising women’s issues.
- Instituted: 1991.
- Awarded by Union Ministry of Women and Child Development and conferred by the President of India on occasion of International Women’s Day i.e. 8th March every year at Rashtrapati Bhavan, New Delhi.
- Cash award: 300,000.
Categories: Awards & Honours