Sumit Mazumder elected as new President of CII for year 2015-16
Sumit Mazumder was elected as the President of Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) for the year 2015-16. He is Chairman & Managing Director (MD) of TIL Limited.
He will succeed Ajay Shriram, Chairman of DCM Shriram Consolidated Ltd.
Moreover, Shobana Kamineni was elected as Vice-President of CII for the year 2015-16. Presently, she is Executive Vice-Chairperson of Apollo Hospitals Enterprises Limited (AHEL).
Dr Naushad Forbes is the President-designate of CII for the year 2015-16. He is Director of Forbes Marshall.
About Sumit Mazumder
- Mazumder is a graduate of St Xavier’s College, Calcutta and holds MBA from Sam Houston State University, US.
- He also has undertaken the Advanced Management Program at Harvard University, Massachusetts, USA.
- At present he is also the Executive Chairman of TIPL (Tractors India Pvt. Ltd.), distributor Company for Caterpillar.
- In the past years, Mazumder was an active member of CII and had chaired its various Committees and Councils.
- He also had served as President of the Bengal Chamber of Commerce & Industry, Director on the Board of West Bengal Industrial Development Corporation (WBIDC).
Categories: Business, Economy & Banking