Aadhar Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Maharashtra Government has launched two online portals MahaDBT and MahaVASTU to streamline the process of direct benefit transfer (DBT) and to bring in more transparency in construction sector.
With this, Maharashtra became first state in the country to launch such a system that will provide direct benefits with Aadhaar authentication.
MahaDBT portal: It is an Aadhaar-authenticated electronic mechanism that will enable direct transfer of benefits for over 40 schemes currently implemented by state’s various departments. It is based on Union Government’s DBT scheme and Aadhaar will be mandatory to claim benefits through this portal. It will help to speed up transfer of benefits and ensure transparency by minimising human intervention.
MahaVASTU portal: It is an online building permission management system, through which construction approvals will be sanctioned with full transparency. It will bring all building permissions online in all municipal councils of the state.
The Union Ministry of Labour & Employment has launched Aadhaar Seeding Application for efficient service delivery and widening the reach of Employees Provident Fund (EPF) benefits.
It was launched at the 217th special meeting of the Central Board of Employees Provident Fund (CBEPF/EPFO) in New Delhi under the chairmanship of Minster of State for Labour and Employment Bandaru Dattatreya.
- The seeding application has been developed by the EPFO with the support of Common Service Centres (CSC) and CDAC (Centre for Development of Advanced Computing).
- It has been developed in pursuance of the government’s policy for optimum use of information technology for efficient service delivery and widening the reach of benefits to people.
- The application will enable a provident fund member or pensioner walk into any field offices of the EPFO or CSC outlets with UAN (Universal Account Number) and Aadhaar and seed the Aadhaar with the UAN.
About Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO)
- EPFO is a statutory body established under Employees Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952.
- It is administered by a Board known as Central Board of Trustees headed by Union Labour Minister.
- It administers (i) Employees Provident Fund scheme (ii) Employees’ Pension Scheme (iii) Employees Deposit linked Insurance scheme for the workforce engaged in the organized sector in India.
- It is one of the largest social security organisations in India in terms volume of financial transactions undertaken and number of covered beneficiaries.
Common Service Centres (CSC): They are ICT enabled front end service delivery points at the village level for delivery of government and private services. They are a strategic cornerstone of the Digital India programme. They are the access points for delivery of various electronic services to villages in India.