Abu Dhabi Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
PCT Humanity, a charity run by an Indian named Joginder Singh Salaria in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), sets a new Guinness World Records for ‘Longest Line of Hunger Relief Package’ in Abu Dhabi.
- Indian expat Joginder Singh Salaria is the founder of PCT Humanity, which set the Guinness world record with Iftar distribution. The PCT stands for Pehal Charitable Trust.
- The Hunger Relief Package efforts were in continuation to vegetarian iftar which is held daily by PCT Humanity at premises of Salaria’s company Pehal International in Dubai Industrial Park, Abu Dhabi.
- PCT Humanity’s record-breaking Iftar line contained seven meal items spread in a line without keeping any gap which continued for about a kilometre in length.
- The charity was held for hunger relief efforts during the Muslim’s holy month of Ramzan.
Tags: Abu Dhabi • Dubai Industrial Park • Guinness World Records • Joginder Singh Salaria • Longest Line of Hunger Relief Package • PCT Humanity • Pehal Charitable Trust • Pehal International • UAE • United Arab Emirates
The consortium of State-owned Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) and Bharat PetroResources Ltd (BPRL), Urja Bharat Pte Ltd has acquired an oil block in Abu Dhabi, where the two will invest USD 170 million.
About the Acquisition
- Urja Bharat Pte Ltd has been awarded 100 per cent stake in the Abu Dhabi Onshore Block 1 Concession.
- Both IOC and BPRL hold 50 per cent each in Urja Bharat Pte Ltd.
- Urja Bharat Pte Ltd will make an investment of USD 170 million for the exploration activities and the concession is awarded for the period of four years effective from the date of March 24, 2019.
- Onshore Block 1 covers an area of 6,162 square kilometres around Ruwais field and includes already discovered but undeveloped fields.
- This Onshore Block 1 is located in the Al Dhafra region around Ruwais City and the refining complex, including the coastal region to the west. There are two existing undeveloped oil and gas fields in the area, named Ruwais and Mirfa, which will be appraised by the consortium.
The acquisition of the oil block by the consortium of State-owned Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) and Bharat PetroResources Ltd (BPRL), Urja Bharat Pte Ltd marks the entry of IOC as a joint operator in the highly prospective UAE region. The acquisition is consistent with its strategic objective of adding high-quality exploration and production (E&P) assets to its existing upstream portfolio.