Acclaimed British actress Billie Whitelaw Current Affairs - 2020
Acclaimed British actress Billie Whitelaw passed away in London, United Kingdom. She was 82. She was well known for her roles on stage and screen.
About Billie Whitelaw
- She was born in Coventry, Warwickshire, England.
- Acting Career: She began her acting career at the age of 11 as a child actress on radio programmes.
- In 1950, she made her first stage appearance in Pink String and Sealing Wax. Later started acting in films and television.
- She was well known for her role as Mrs Baylock in horror film The Omen.
- Awards: She has won a British Academy Award for best newcomer for her role in Hell is a City. She also won Best Supporting Actress for acting role in Twisted Nerve and Charlie Bubbles.
- Autobiography: Her autobiography- Billie Whitelaw… Who He? was published in 1996.
- In 1979, she was a member of the jury at the 20th Berlin International Film Festival.