accountability Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Government of India, the State Government of Chhattisgarh and the World Bank signed a $25.2 Million Loan Agreement to support the State’s Reforms in Expenditure Management under Chhattisgarh Public Financial Management and Accountability Program.
Chhattisgarh Public Financial Management and Accountability Program
- The reforms encompass Expenditure Planning, Investment Management, Budget Execution, Public Procurement and Accountability.
- The programme will help the state of Chhattisgarh to strengthen its Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) and Tax Administration Systems.
- The programme will build the capacity of the State’s Human Resources and the Institutions Handling Management of Public Finances.
- The World Bank will also facilitate cross-learning from Public Financial Management (PFM) Reforms undertaken by it in the other Indian States while bringing in global experiences.
- Improvements in Public Financial Management is a key step for achieving the development potential of the state. Improvements will ensure that the State can invest more and with greater efficiency, for it’s poor and vulnerable.
- The programme which focuses on IT solutions will benefit almost 11,000 Village Panchayats and 168 Urban Municipalities in the State.
About 92 per cent households in the State of Chhattisgarh belongs to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes. The Direct Benefit Transfers (DBTs) is being increasingly used by the Central and State Governments to channel resources to households and individuals. The Programme will support the development of systems that will facilitate inter-departmental data interaction under secured protocols and automate most of the processing and payment of DBTs in the State. Thus enhancing the efficiency of the system.
Tags: accountability • Budget Execution • Chhattisgarh • Chhattisgarh Public Financial Management and Accountability Program • DBT • Direct Benefit Transfer • Expenditure Planning • Investment Management • Other Backward Classes • Public Procurement • Scheduled Castes • Scheduled Tribes
The Union Minister of Railways Piyush Goyal has launched Rail Drishti dashboard. It encompasses all the digitisation efforts in Indian Railways and promotes transparency and accountability.
Rail Drishti Dashboard
- The url of the dashboard is raildrishti.cris.org.in.
- The dashboard brings information from various sources on a single platform and gives access to key statistics and parameters to every citizen of the country.
- The dashboard can be accessed using a desktop/laptop or a mobile device such as a phone or tablet and the application is mobile optimized for ease of use of the public.
- The dashboard will provide every kind of information related to railways anytime, anywhere to everybody.
As the saying goes sunlight is the biggest disinfectant to the system, the Rail Drishti dashboard through promoting transparency aims to empower the citizen with the information regarding the working of the Indian Railways.