Act East Forum Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Defense Minister on November 14, 2019 addressed at the 11th Maitree Diwas in Tawang, Arunachal Pradesh. During his address, he announced several new plans of the government to develop the region
Government new plans
- Government plans to set up a North East Industrial Corridor. It will help create job opportunities for the people in the North East
- The Arunachal Corridor, in specific will act as a bridge between India and South East Asia
- The corridor will help boost employment opportunities and promote trade and tourism
- Government is implementing the “Act East Policy” through development of North East India
- Hollongi Airport is to be set up near Itanagar. Also, three major strategic railway lines are to be established
- Government plans all weather connectivity to the local population. The connectivity will also facilitate the movement of armed forces.
- The plans are to be executed by 2024.
Maitree Diwas is a 2-day socio-military cultural program that is jointly organized by Tawang Civil Administration and Indian Army. The program is organized to celebrate special relationship between the people of Tawang and the Indian army. This year, the theme was
Theme: Know your army.
The objective of the event is to encourage the youths to join armed forces
Tags: Act East Forum • Act East Policy • Arunachal Pradesh • Association of South East Asian Nations • Indian Army
The annual bilateral summit of India –Japan held on 28, 29 October 2018 in Japan. The Indian prime minister visited Japan to attend the summit. The partnership between the two countries has been transformed a lot and it has now become as a ‘special strategic and global partnership’.
- Japan investors will invest around $2.5 US dollars in India.
- The two sides agreed for a 2+2 dialogue between our foreign ministers and defence ministers to further work towards world peace.
- An India-Japan Business Platform will be established to enhance the development of industrial corridors and industrial network in the region
- Both countries will cooperate for the first time in the areas of traditional medicinal systems such as Yoga and Ayurveda. This will facilitate a boost in the healthcare in both the countries.
- Both the countries have agreed to synchronize upon sharing benefits of the Ayushman Bharat scheme and the Japanese healthcare programme.
- There will be commencement of talks on a military logistics pact, the Acquisition and Cross Servicing Agreement, between the two nations that will ensure the access to each other’s military bases and naval bases.
- Japan will invest more significantly in the up gradation of infrastructure in the Northeast which will also link India to Southeast Asia.
- The two countries will work together to extend access to education, health and other amenities to the people of the Indo-Pacific, including Africa.
- Japan-India Investment Promotion Roadmap enhanced the contribution of Japan in India’s Make in India initiative with establishment of Business Support Centre in Ahmedabad.
India–Japan recent ties
Cooperation in Sri Lanka, in the development of LNG-related infrastructure and in Africa, in the area of health service – developing a cancer hospital in Kenya
Cooperation in Myanmar, to facilitate development efforts in the Rakhine State Cooperation in Bangladesh, for improving connectivity on the Ramgarh to Baraiyarhat stretch and constructing the Jamuna Railway Bridge over the Januma River. The Act East Forum established last year has served as a driving force to improve India-Japan cooperation in the North-East. The cooperation in the project for the construction of International Cooperation and Convention center in Varanasi. India and Japan are cooperating to construct the Mumbai Ahmedabad High Speed Rail (MAHSR).