US President appoints Ajay Banga as member of the Advisory Committee for Trade Policy and Negotiations
United States (US) President Barack Obama has appointed Indian CEO Ajay Banga as member of the Advisory Committee for Trade Policy and Negotiations (ACTPN).
ACTPN is the US president’s private-sector advisory panel on international trade and helps him to coordinate trade related policies and resolve disagreements.
This appointment came along with several other appointments to key US administration posts.
About Ajay Banga
- At present, Ajay Banga is chairman of the US India Business Council.
- Since 2009, he is president and CEO of MasterCard. Prior to joining MasterCard, he had held various senior management roles in Citigroup from 1996 to 2009 and has served as CEO of Citigroup Asia Pacific.
- Ajay Banga also served as Director for Marketing and Business Development at PepsiCo Restaurants International India from 1994 to 1996.
- He had started his career at Nestle India, where he served in various sales and management roles from 1981 to 1994.
- At present he is a member of the Board of Directors of MasterCard and The Dow Chemical Company.
- He holds a postgraduate diploma in management (PGDM) from Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (IIM-A). He also has received a BA degree from St Stephen’s College of Delhi University.