Agriculture Demand Side management Current Affairs - 2020
On April 2, 2020, the Union Ministry of Agriculture launched new features of National Agriculture Market. This aims to strengthen agricultural marketing of farmers. The main objective of the features are to reduce the congestion at mandis that will help fight against COVID-19.
The Ministry has launched new software modules on the E-NAM platform. They include
- Warehouse based modules that will facilitate trade from warehouses itself. This helps to save expenses. The farmers can sell their produce anywhere across the nation. The prices will get stabilized maintaining supply and demand.
- FPO (Farmer Producer Organization) based modules. These modules help the FPOs to trade their produce at their collection centres itself.
- Trackable transport facilities for inter-state and inter-mandi trade.
According to the Agricultural Ministry, currently there are 585 mandis operating in 16 states have been integrated with the e-NAM portal. There are plans to expand e-NAM to add 415 more mandis to the platform.
Tags: Agriculture • Agriculture Demand Side management • Agriculture Ministry • e-NAM • Farmer welfare
Indian Army in partnership with Energy Efficiency Services Ltd (EESL) has launched ecological initiative of employing E Cars for use of its officials in New Delhi. Under this ecological initiative, first lot of 10 e-Cars was flagged off by Indian Army. Now, Indian Indian Army is planning to further increase number of E Cars in Delhi to ensure economy, efficiency and minimal emissions. The introduction of e-cars in Army was visualized on World Environment Day and in lines with government policies on environmental protection.
About Energy Efficiency Services Ltd (EESL)
It is a Super Energy Service Company (ESCO) that facilitates implementation of energy efficiency project. It functions under Union Ministry of Power. It was established in December 2009 and is headquartered in New Delhi.
It is a joint venture of NTPC Limited, Power Finance Corporation (PFC), Rural Electrification Corporation (REC) and POWERGRID Corporation of India Limited.
Functions: It leads market-related activities of the National Mission for Enhanced Energy Efficiency (NMEEE), one of the eight national missions under Prime Minister’s National Action Plan on Climate Change. It also acts as the resource centre for capacity building of State DISCOMs.
It is also implementing the world’s largest energy efficiency portfolio in country. This energy efficiency portfolio includes-
(1) Unnat Jyoti by Affordable LEDs for All (UJALA): It is world’s largest zero-subsidy domestic LED bulb programme.
(2) Street Lighting National Programme (SLNP): It is world’s largest street light replacement programme.
(3) Agriculture Demand Side management (AgDSM): It world’s largest Agricultural Demand Side Management programme.