Agriculture Export Policy Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved Agriculture Export Policy, 2018 with aim to double farmer’s income by 2022. Cabinet has also approved proposal for establishment of Monitoring Framework at Centre with Ministry of Commerce as nodal Department to oversee implementation of Agriculture Export Policy. It will also have representation from various ministries and departments and agencies and representatives of concerned State Governments
Agriculture Export Policy
It is aimed at doubling agricultural exports and integrating Indian farmers and agricultural products with the global value chains. Its vision is to harness export potential of Indian agriculture, through suitable policy instruments and to make India global power in agriculture and raise farmers’ income.
- Double agricultural exports from present US$ 30+ Billion to US$ 60+ Billion by 2022 and reach US$ 100 Billion in next few years thereafter with stable trade policy regime.
- Diversify India’s export basket, destinations and also boost high value and value added agricultural exports including perishables.
- Provide institutional mechanism for pursuing market access, tackling barriers and deal with sanitary and phyto-sanitary issues.
- Strive to double India’s share in world agri-exports by integrating with global value chain at earliest.
- Promote indigenous, organic, ethnic, traditional and non-traditional agri products exports.
- Enable farmers to benefit from export opportunities in overseas market.
Elements of Agriculture Export Policy:
- Policy measures
- Holistic approach to boost exports
- Infrastructure and logistics support
- Focus on Clusters
- Promoting value-added exports
- Marketing and promotion of Brand India
- Greater involvement of State Governments in agri exports
- Attract private investments into production and processing
- Research & Development
- Establishment of strong quality regimen