Ahmedabad Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Swachh Survekshan Awards are given by the Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs based on the survey which covered all urban local bodies in the country. The Survey was the largest such cleanliness survey in the world.
Swachh Survekshan Awards 2019
- Indore was adjudged India’s cleanest city for the third straight year.
- The second and third positions were clinched by Ambikapur in Chhattisgarh and Mysore in Karnataka.
- Ahmedabad has been named the cleanest big city with a population of more than ten lakh.
- Ujjain has been awarded cleanest medium city having a population between 3 lakh to 10 lakh.
- New Delhi Municipal Council area was given the ”Cleanest Small City” award.
- Uttarakhand’s Gauchar was adjudged the ”Best Ganga Town”.
- Bhopal has been named the cleanest capital.
- Raipur won the ‘Fastest Moving Big City’.
- Mathura-Vrindavan won the tag of Fastest Moving Medium City.
- Chhattisgarh has bagged the top spot in the category of best performing states. Jharkhand is at the second spot while Maharashtra is at the third.
The winners were awarded a statue of Mahatma Gandhi’s memento by the President Ram Nath Kovind.
Tags: Ahmedabad • Ambikapur • Best Ganga Town • Bhopal • Chhattisgarh • Cleanest Small City • Fastest Moving Big City • Fastest Moving Medium City • Gauchar • Indore • Jharkhand • Karnataka • Maharashtra • Mathura • Mysore • New Delhi Municipal Council • Raipur • Swachh Survekshan Awards • Swachh Survekshan Awards 2019 • Ujjain • Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs • Uttarakhand • Vrindavan
Investigation Tracking System for Sexual Offences (ITSSO) and Safe City Implementation Monitoring Portal launched
The Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh and Minister for Women and Child Development, Smt. Maneka Sanjay Gandhi launched the Investigation Tracking System for Sexual Offences (ITSSO) and Safe City Implementation Monitoring Portal as part of the women safety initiatives.
Investigation Tracking System for Sexual Offences (ITSSO)
The Investigation Tracking System for Sexual Offences (ITSSO) is an online module available to law enforcement agencies at all levels, national, state, district and police station.
It allows the state to undertake real-time monitoring and management of cases of rape to be able to complete the investigation in two months.
ITSSO leverages the existing Crime and Criminal Tracking Network & Systems which is a nationwide network enabling sharing of information between Police Stations, State officers and security agencies.
ITSSO will aid in the effective implementation of the Criminal Law Amendment Act, 2018 mandates completion of investigation and trials in rape cases within two months.
Safe City Implementation Monitoring Portal
The government had brought in the Safe City Implementation Monitoring Portal to monitor the safe city project introduced in the eight cities which are: Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Lucknow and Mumbai. The portal will aid in online tracking of deployment of assets and infrastructure.
The safe city project funded through the Nirbhaya Fund is a joint endeavour of city’s police and municipal bodies, The project involves identifying crime hotspots and saturating them with CCTV cameras, drone-based surveillance and deployment of automated number plate reading (ANPR) equipment through an integrated smart control room.
Tags: Ahmedabad • Bengaluru • Chennai • Criminal Law Amendment Act 2018 • Delhi • Hyderabad • Investigation Tracking System for Sexual Offences • ITSSO • Kolkata • Lucknow • Mumbai • Nirbhaya Fund • Safe City Implementation Monitoring Portal • Union Home Minister • Union Minister for Women and Child Development