AI Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
IT services major Wipro has announced a partnership with IIT Kharagpur to undertake industry-focused applied research in the areas of 5G and artificial intelligence (AI).
Collaboration for Advanced Research
- Wipro and IIT Kharagpur will jointly take up applied research projects on industry challenges related to the design, planning and operations of 5G networks and cognitive information processing for the automation of these processes and 5G use cases.
- The research will focus on AI research applicable in the healthcare, education and retail sectors as well as in domains such as climate change and cybersecurity.
- Research outcomes from this partnership will be leveraged by Wipro to develop solutions for its customers, across industry verticals.
- IIT Kharagpur will benefit from the commercialisation of the joint research insights and Wipro’s industry expertise.
- Subject matter experts from Wipro and IIT-Kharagpur will promote knowledge sharing through guest lectures, workshops and seminars on 5G and AI.
The collaboration brings together synergies of Wipro’s rich industry technology expertise and understanding of domain-specific business challenges with IIT Kharagpur’s distinguished research capabilities to co-innovate and develop next-generation AI and 5G solutions that will benefit both our clients as well as the industry at large.
The Turing Award 2018 has been awarded for Geoffrey Hinton, Yann LeCun, and Yoshua Bengio who have kickstarted an AI revolution by studying the learning abilities of large artificial neural networks. The deep neural network uses layers of artificial neurons which mimics the structure of animal brains. Such AI is increasingly used in products that people use every day – from smart speakers to Facebook. This forms the backbone of Deep Learning.
Deep learning involves building computer programs which mimics the structure of animal brains, with many layers of artificial neurons used for processing the data. When the network of neurons digests data, each neuron has individual responses within each layer. These outputs are passed to the next layer until the network finally forms a decision or judgment about the input. This deep learning technology can be used to transcribe human speech or recognise a person’s face in different photographs.
Turing Award is an annual prize given by the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) for individuals who have contributed a lasting and major technical importance to the computer field. The Turing award is accompanied by a prize of US $1 million, with financial support provided by Google
Turing Award is recognized as the highest distinction in computer science and is often referred to as the “Nobel Prize of computing”.
Tags: ACM • AI • Artificial Intelligence • Association for Computing Machinery • Deep Learning • Facebook • Geoffrey Hinton • Google • Nobel Prize of computing • Turing Award • Turing Award 2018 • Yann LeCun • Yoshua Bengio