AIIMS Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated various development works during his visit to the state of Jammu and Kashmir. The developmental works include:
- Laying of the foundation stones of two All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in Vijaypur and Awantipora.
- Laying of the foundation stone of northern regional centre campus of Indian Institute of Mass Communication in Jammu.
- Launching of the University of Ladakh, which will be the first-ever university in the Ladakh region of the state.
- Launching of various projects under the Rashtriya Uchchatar Shiksha Abhiyan.
- Laying of the foundation stones for three model degree colleges in Kishtwar, Kupwara and Baramulla in Jammu and Kashmir.
- Declaration of 100-per cent electrification of households in Jammu and Kashmir under the central government’s Saubhagya Scheme.
- Laying the foundation stone for 624-MW Kiru hydroelectric project in Kishtwar which is a run-of-the-river project across the Chenab.
- Inaugurating the 9-MW Dah hydroelectric project.
- Inauguration of the 220-KV Srinagar-Alusteng-Drass-Kargil-Leh transmission system.
- Inauguration of the 400-KV D/C Jalandhar-Samba-Rajouri-Shopian-Amargarh (Sopore) transmission line.
- Laying the foundation stone of 1,640-metre span double-lane bridge over the Chenab river in Sajwal.
Many of these projects are undertaken under the Prime Minister’s Development Package was announced as a reconstruction plan for J&K.
The 22nd AIIMS would come up in Haryana. The announcement was made regarding this at the Interim Budget 2019. The AIIMS would be established at Manethi village in Haryana’s Rewari district.
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) is the autonomous institutions set up under the act of parliament. The All India Institute Of Medical Sciences Act, 1956 provides for the establishment of AIIMS as Institute of National Importance.
Objectives of AIIMS
- To develop a pattern of teaching in undergraduate and postgraduate medical education in all its branches so as to demonstrate a high standard of medical education to all medical colleges and other allied institutions in India.
- To bring together in one place educational facilities of the highest order for the training of the personnel in all important branches of the health activity.
- To attain self-sufficiency in postgraduate medical education.
Functions of AIIMS
- Undergraduate and postgraduate teaching in medical and related physical biological sciences.
- Nursing and Dental education.
- Innovations in education.
- Producing medical teachers for the country.
- Research in medical and related sciences.
- Health care : preventive, promotive and curative; primary, secondary & tertiary.
- Community based teaching and research
AIIMS Institutions aims to develop patterns of teaching in Undergraduate and Post-graduate Medical Education in all its branches so as to demonstrate a high standard of Medical Education in India and to bring together in one place educational facilities of the highest order for the training of personnel in all important branches of health activity; and to attain self-sufficiency in Post-graduate Medical Education.