Air Force Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Pakistan successfully tested its first indigenously built all-weather armed drone named Burraq and a laser guided missile named Barq.
By successfully testing of Burraq, Pakistan became the 9th country in the World to develop an unmanned combat aerial vehicle (UCAV) domestically.
- Dveloped by a venture of the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) and the National Engineering and Scientific Commission (NESCOM).
- It is named after the flying horse of Islamic tradition.
- Burraq has ability to fly in all types of weather conditions.
- It has capability to strike its targets with pinpoint accuracy.
- With Barq laser-guided missile mounted on it, Burraq can hit moving targets as well as stationary targets with pinpoint accuracy.
- UCAV Burraq was first flight tested in May 2009.
At present, Pakistan has several types of unarmed surveillance drones in operation but Burraq and Shahpar are its domestically developed UCAVs.
For the first time in the history of India’s Republic Day, all-women contingent from the three forces Army, Air Force and Navy marched down in the parade.
- Army contingent was led by Capt Divya Ajith.
- Navy contingent was led by Lieutenant Commander Priya Jeyakumar.
- Air Force contingent was led by Squadron Leader Sneha Shekhawat.
Each contingent had 148 women personnel. In previous Republic Day parades, women officers were just participating.
- Capt Divya Ajith who had led Army contingent is a graduate from the prestigious Officers Training Academy (OTA) in Chennai.
- Earlier, in 2010 she had created history by becoming the first woman in the army to receive the coveted Sword of Honour (which is awarded to the best cadet of a course).
- Currently, Indian army does not have women in combat roles.