Akbar Kakkattil Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Renowned Malayalam writer Akbar Kakkattil passed away in Kozhikode, Kerala due to cancer. He was 62.
He was known for giving birth to a new genre in Malayalam literature and his works are known for their unique narrative style which has an undertone of unfailing humour.
About Akbar Kakkattil
- Born on 7 July 1954 at Kakkattil in Kozhikode District.
- He had started creative writing career at the age of 14 by publishing short stories in a regular column for children in the leading Malayalam weekly Mathrubhumi.
- His first story Pothichoru was published in 1969 through the weekly. He also had served as a teacher in his career spanning several years.
- He has 54 books to his credit which includes, 27 short stories, 6 collections of essays, 7 novelettes, 4 novels, a play, among others.
- He had served as the Vice-President of the Kerala Sahitya Akademi. He was also member of Malayalam Advisory Panel of National Book Trust (NBT) and Malayalam Advisory Board.
- He also had worked as a member of the South Zone Cultural Centre’s governing body of Union government and Kerala State Institute of Children’s literature.
- Awards and Honours: He has won the prestigious Kerala Sahitiya Akademi award two times in 1992 and 2003.