Akhilesh Yadav Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Trial run of Lucknow Metro train was flagged off by Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav. He also dedicated the Metro Train Depot to the public.
The solo trial run of the metro was undertaken by two young women pilots Prachi Sharma and Priyanka Sharma .
The trail run of the first phase of metro project covers around four kms between Transport Nagar and Single Nagar Metro stations.
- The first phase of Lucknow metro project, famously known as North South corridor connects Lucknow airport to Munshipulia.
- This phase of metro project was undertaken by Lucknow Metro Rail Corporation (LMRC), a joint project of UP Government and Union Government
- It has a total length of 23 Kms and covers 21 stations of which eight are elevated. It will be open to public from 26th March 2017 after 3 months of rigorous trial.
- Metro man E Sreedharan has been the principal advisor of LMRC. Previously, he has successfully handled many mega projects like Kolkata Metro, Delhi Metro and Konkan Railways.
Uttar Pradesh Cabinet has given its approval to develop over 197 km long ‘bicycle highway’ from Agra up to the lion safari in Etawah to encourage eco-tourism in vicinity of Taj Mahal.
Decision in this regard was taken by State Cabinet meeting presided by Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav.
- The bicycle highway will not run along the Agra-Etawah main road but will cover various historical and tourism centres.
- It will start from eastern gate of the Taj Mahal and will cover other historical areas such as Bateshwarnath Temple, Raja Bhoj ki Haveli, Mela Kothi Jarar, and Naugava ka Quila and other rural areas to reach lion safari in Etawah.
Other Cabinet Decisions
- State Cabinet also approved the implementation of Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana in the state from the Kharif season 2016.
- Transfer policy for 2016-17 for employee was approved. Under it Group A and B will be transferred from a district on completion of six years and 10 years in a division.
- Cabinet also approved the construction cost for an international cricket stadium in Saifai.