Alan Rickman Current Affairs
British actor Alan Rickman passed away in London, England. He was 69 and was suffering from cancer.
He was one of Britain’s best-loved acting stars especially for his complex antagonist acting in films like Harry Potter, Die Hard and Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves.
About Alan Rickman
- He was born on 21 February 1946 in London, England.
- His first big break in acting career was in 1985 as the Vicomte de Valmont in the stage production of Les Liaisons Dangereuses. For this he was nominated for a Tony Award.
- Rickman’s famous film roles included the Sheriff of Nottingham in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, Colonel Brandon in Ang Lee’s Sense and Sensibility, Harry in Love Actually etc.
- He often was praised for his complex antagonist acting for playing numerous roles of villains in films like Die Hard, Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves.
- Awards and Honours: Golden Globe Award, Emmy Award and Screen Actors Guild Award and BAFTA Award.