All India Football Federation Current Affairs - 2020
The Mizoram State Government has recently provided industrial status to Sports. This has been done by the government to attract investment in the Sports industry.
The Mizoram Government is framing new industrial policy under which the sports have been included as sports category. The State of Mizoram is known for its great interests towards sports. Of all the footballers in the north east states, Mizoram has pool of football players that play in leading clubs of India. The state has also done extremely well in hockey and weightlifting as well.
Apart from these games, Mizoram is also known for its great interests and achievements in wrestling and other indigenous games such as relay eaces using bamboo (Kalchhet kal), Insuknawra (rod pushing), Inarpathai (cock fighting), etc.
Indian Super League
Indian Super League is considered as one of the top football leagues in India. At least 150 players in the league are from Mizoram. The league was launched in 2013 with the aim of growing the sport of football in India.
The league was first launched by the all India football Federation, Star Sports and Reliance.
Tags: All India Football Federation • Football • Indian Super League • Mizoram • Reliance
Former Croatia international Igor Stimac appointed Indian men’s football team coach. His name was recommended by All India Football Federation’s (AIFF, is governing body of association football in India) technical committee, headed by Shyam Thapa.
- His first assignment as Indian men’s football team coach will be upcoming ‘King’s Cup’ 2019 in Thailand, where India in its first match will face Curacao, a Caribbean nation.
About Igor Stimac
- Now 51 years old Stimac, was was an integral part of “golden generation” of Croatia that finished third at the 1998 FIFA World Cup.
- In his 14-year managerial career, he coached Croatian national team between 2012 and 2013. During his tenure Croatia shot up to fourth spot on world rankings, (its best ranking in over 15 years).
- He has worked with Croatian clubs like Cibalia Vinkovci, Hajduk Split, FC Zagreb and Zadar, Qatari club Al-Shahania and Iranian club Sepahan.
- He led his native club of Hajduk Split to Championship title in 2004-2005, this was his first and only taste of silverware.