Alwar Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Rajasthan Day is celebrated every year on March 30 to commemorate the day on which the state of Rajasthan came into existence. Rajasthan Day commemorates the valour, strong willpower and sacrifice of the people of Rajasthan. Rajasthan earlier known as Rajputana came into existence on March 30, 1949.
Rajasthan which is the largest state of India in terms of the area, before Independence comprised of around 21 small and big princely states. The princely states were annexed to the union of India on 15th August 1947 but their unification could be accomplished only later. A brief outline of Rajasthan unification is detailed below:
The four princely states of Alwar, Bharatpur, Dhaulpur, and Karauli formed the Matsya Union and it was inaugurated on 17th March 1948.
Rajasthan Union came into existence by the union of states namely Banswara, Bundi, Dungarpur, Jhalawar, Kishangarh, Pratapgarh, Shahpura, Tonk, and Kota on 25th March 1948.
United State of Rajasthan
The Maharana of Udaipur decided to join the Rajasthan Union just three days after the formation of Rajasthan Union. The United State of Rajasthan was inaugurated by Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru on 18th April 1948.
States like Bikaner, Jaisalmer, Jaipur, and Jodhpur got merged and formed Greater Rajasthan on 30th March 1949 which was inaugurated by Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel.
Later Rajasthan was further reorganised by the merger of Matsya Union on May 15th, 1949, Sirohi joined Rajasthan on January 26th, 1950 and annexation of Ajmer-Merwara region in November 1956. Later Madhya Pradesh’s Bhanpura tehsil and Abu of Gujrat also merged with Rajasthan.
Tags: Ajmer-Merwara • Alwar • Banswara • Bharatpur • Bundi
The disaster relief exercise ‘Exercise Rahat’ will be demonstrated in Jaipur, Kota and Alwar in Rajasthan on Feb 11-12.
About the Exercise
The important aspects related to the ‘Exercise Rahat’ are:
- On behalf of the Indian Army, Jaipur based Sapta Shakti Command will conduct the Joint Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief Exercise, Exercise Rahat.
- Exercise Rahat is being conducted in coordination with NDMA to synergise efforts for humanitarian assistance and disaster relief operations.
- The joint exercise will see participation from Armed Forces, National Disaster Management Response Mechanism (NDMRM), State Disaster Management Authority of Rajasthan and District LMAs.
- The exercise will be conducted simultaneously in three places, beginning at Jaipur in the form of a tabletop exercise and at Kota and Alwar.
- During the exercise, on-ground capability and coordination amongst various stakeholders will be demonstrated.
As a prelude to the exercise, a curtain raiser has been organized at Jaipur Military station on 4th February 2019.