Amar Chitra Katha Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Union Government and Amar Chitra Katha signs MoU to publish and distribute comic book on Swachh Bharat Mission
The Union Government has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Amar Chitra Katha to publish and distribute comic book on Swachh Bharat Mission
The MoU was signed between Amar Chitra Katha and the Union Ministry of Urban Development (MoUD) to focus on Swachh Bharat Mission.
- Under this MoU, Amar Chitra Katha will publish 32-pages comic book carrying messages pertaining to sanitation and solid waste components of Swachh Bharat Mission.
- It will comprise a series of inspirational stories from the Swachh Bharat mission, cleanliness rankings of cities, public figures, environmental impact and ambassadors.
- It will also contain stories of individuals and organizations that can inspire children to the concept of Swachhata.
- Besides, it will also have an interactive workbook of tips and tricks to assist children to clean their own areas.
- The comic book will be made available in both English and Hindi. It will also include a section about how to organize community cleanliness drives.
About Amar Chitra Katha
- Amar Chitra Katha publishes more than 400 comics in 20 languages. It was founded in 1967.
- Its comic books mainly highlight Indian stories including epics, mythology, history, literature and folktales. So far, Amar Chitra Katha has sold over 100 million copies
Swachh Bharat Mission: It is a pet project of NDA Government led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. It was launched in October 2014 with the aim to make India clean and open defecation-free in 2020.