Andhra Pradesh Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Andhra Pradesh Government has launched Chandranna Bima Yojana, an insurance scheme for the working class people.
The scheme was launched by Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu on the occasion of May Day in Vijayawada.
About Chandranna Bima Yojana
- Any insured worker who meets an accidental death and permanent disability will be paid 5 lakh rupees.
- Any insured worker who suffers partial disability will be paid 3 lakh rupees.
- Under it, about 1.5 crore workers of the state will be covered.
The Union Cabinet has given its approval for operationalisation of new Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) at Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh.
The operationalisation IISER Tirupati will commence from the Academic Year of 2015-16 from a transit or temporary campus.
- Union Government had decided to establish an IISER, an Institute of National Importance, in the residual State of Andhra Pradesh.
- This decision was taken after bifurcating of the then State of Andhra Pradesh to the States of Andhra Pradesh and Telengana in 2014.
- Consequently, Andhra Pradesh Government had earmarked 244 acres of land in Yerpedu Mandal for construction of the permanent campus of IISER, Tirupati.
- It was also decided to commence its functioning from the academic session of 2015-16 from the transit campus at Sree Rama Engineering College, Tirupati.
About Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER)
- IISERs are a group of most premier statutory science education and research institutes in India of national importance and are intended to be the IITs of basic sciences.
- These institutes were created under The National Institutes of Technology (Amendment) Bill, 2010 (an amendment of the National Institutes of Technology Act, 2007).
- Presently there are 5 IISERs in operational namely IISER Kolkata (West Bengal), Pune (Maharashtra), Mohali (Punjab), Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh), Thiruvananthapuram (Kerala).