Andhra Pradesh Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Union Cabinet has given its approval for operationalisation of new Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) at Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh.
The operationalisation IISER Tirupati will commence from the Academic Year of 2015-16 from a transit or temporary campus.
- Union Government had decided to establish an IISER, an Institute of National Importance, in the residual State of Andhra Pradesh.
- This decision was taken after bifurcating of the then State of Andhra Pradesh to the States of Andhra Pradesh and Telengana in 2014.
- Consequently, Andhra Pradesh Government had earmarked 244 acres of land in Yerpedu Mandal for construction of the permanent campus of IISER, Tirupati.
- It was also decided to commence its functioning from the academic session of 2015-16 from the transit campus at Sree Rama Engineering College, Tirupati.
About Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER)
- IISERs are a group of most premier statutory science education and research institutes in India of national importance and are intended to be the IITs of basic sciences.
- These institutes were created under The National Institutes of Technology (Amendment) Bill, 2010 (an amendment of the National Institutes of Technology Act, 2007).
- Presently there are 5 IISERs in operational namely IISER Kolkata (West Bengal), Pune (Maharashtra), Mohali (Punjab), Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh), Thiruvananthapuram (Kerala).
Public Sector Power equipment manufacturer Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) has commissioned a seasonwise tiltable canal top solar PV plant at Bhimavaram, Andhra Pradesh.
It is the first canal top project in Andhra Pradesh and also of its kind project to be executed by BHEL.
- The project has been developed by New and Renewable Energy Development Corporation of Andhra Pradesh Ltd (NREDCAP).
- Its power generation is about 10 per cent more than a fixed Module Mounting Arrangement (MMA).
- It also has movable walkway which provides easy access, facilitating efficient maintenance of the plant.
- The plant has elevated control room with bottom cable entry which prevents it from the water during floods.
- The Module Mounting Structure (MMS) of the plant has a unique design which incorporates additional functionalities like cable support, lighting and fencing.