Andhra Pradesh [APPSC] Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
A fishing cat (Prionailurus viverrinus) was sighted in the moderately dense mangrove surrounding of the Gilalakalandi harbour near Machilipatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
The movement of the fishing cat was sighted moderately dense mangrove area which is home for Asian sea bass fish species seed.
About Fishing cat
- The fishing cat is a medium-sized wild cat of South and Southeast Asia. It is the state animal of West Bengal.
- They live foremost in the vicinity of wetlands, along rivers, streams, oxbow lakes, in swamps and mangroves.
- Threat: Destruction of wetlands and over-exploitation of local fish stocks.
- Protection Status: International Union of Conservation of Nature (IUCN) has classified it as ‘vulnerable’ species and is protected under the Wildlife (Protection) Act 1972.
Tags: Andhra Pradesh [APPSC] • Environment • Fishing cat • States
Andhra Pradesh government has signed a FinTech Cooperation agreement with Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) to promote innovation financial services in their respective markets.
The agreement was signed in the presence of Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu and MAS Chief FinTech Officer, Sopnendu Mohanty.
Under the agreement
- MAS and Andhra Pradesh government will explore joint innovation projects on technologies such as digital payments and blockchain.
- They will also collaborate on the development of education programmes and curricula on fintech (financial technologies).
- They also agreed to discuss emerging FinTech trends and exchange views on regulatory issues related to innovations in financial services.
- Both signatory parties would enable creation of a niche, first-of-its-kind ecosystem in Visakhapatnam that was emerging as the ‘FinTech Valley of India’.
- The knowledge exchange will not only help to create high-quality job opportunities in FinTech but also help provide market access for implementation in both countries.
Tags: Andhra Pradesh [APPSC] • Business • Economy • FinTech • Singapore