Andrew Grove Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Intel’s former Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Chairman Andrew Grove passed due to away Parkinson’s disease. He was 79.
He was a science pioneer in the semiconductor industry and under his leadership Intel became a household name in computers.
About Andrew Grove
- Born on 2 September 1936 in Budapest, Hungary. He had emigrated to US in 1956-7 after he had survived Nazi occupation and later Soviet repression.
- He was present at the Intel’s founding in 1968. Later in 1979, he became its president in and CEO in 1987. He served as chairman of the board from 1997 to 2005.
- At Intel, Grove had played an essential role in the company’s shift in focus from memory chips to microprocessors.
- Under his leadership Intel had developed microprocessors including the 386 and the Pentium, which helped to change the face of the personal computer era.
- He had played pioneering role in transforming Intel into the world’s largest manufacturer of semiconductors.
- He was famously referred as the ‘guy who drove the growth phase’ of Silicon Valley.
- His 1999 book “Only the Paranoid Survive” is still popular in the business management world.