Anil Baijal Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
President Pranab Mukherjee has appointed former bureaucrat Anil Baijal (70) as the 21st Lieutenant Governor of Delhi.
He will succeed Najeeb Jung who had resigned before completion of his term and is returning to teaching profession.
About Anil Baijal
- He is retired IAS officer of 1969 batch of the Union Territory cadre.
- He had served as Union Home Secretary under the Atal Bihari Vajpayee government besides holding key positions in other ministries.
- He retired in 2006 as the Secretary, Urban Development Ministry. He also had served as the vice chairman of the Delhi Development Authority (DDA).
- He was associated with the designing and roll-out of the then UPA Government’s flagship programme the Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission (JNNURM).
- Currently, he was associated with the Vivekananda International Foundation (VIF), a New Delhi-based think tank. He was also on the executive council of VIF.
Lieutenant Governor of Delhi
According to Article 239AA President administer UT of NCT Delhi through Lt Governor. The 69th Constitutional Amendment Act, 1991 (amended article 239AA) which provided special status to UT of Delhi also designated administrator of Delhi as Lt Governor. He is appointment by President and holds office till pleasure of President. Lt Governor of Delhi is also empowered to promulgate ordinances during the recess of assembly.