Anil Dhasmana Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Union Government has appointed senior IPS officer Anil Dhasmana as new chief of Research and Analysis Wing (RAW), India’s external intelligence agency.
He succeeds Rajinder Khanna who completes his two year tenure on 31 December 2016. He will have tenure of 2 years.
About Anil Dhasmana
- He is a 1981-batch IPS officer of the Madhya Pradesh cadre. Prior to this appointment he was Special Secretary in the agency.
- He has been with RAW for the last 23 years during which he has served on important desks including Pakistan. He had also served in key foreign capitals such as London and Frankfurt.
- His domain of expertise is considered to be Balochistan, counter-terrorism and Islamic affairs. He also has experience in handling Pakistan, Afghanistan, Europe and SAARC desks.
About Research and Analysis Wing (RAW)
- RAW is the primary foreign intelligence agency of India. It was established in 1968 following the intelligence failures of the Sino-Indian and Indo-Pakistani wars.
- It is under the direct command of Prime Minister and reports on an administrative basis to the Cabinet Secretary of India, who reports to the Prime Minister.
- Its primary function is gathering foreign intelligence, engaging in counter-terrorism, advising Indian policymakers, promoting counter-proliferation and advancing India’s foreign strategic interests.
- Headquarters: New Delhi.
- Motto: धर्मो रक्षति रक्षित: (English: The law protects when it is protected.)