State owned Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) has granted prestigious membership of Asia-Pacific Aerospace Quality Group (APAQG) under category ‘Full Member with voting rights’.
With this India becomes seventh nation to join the APAQG under the International Aerospace Quality Group (IAQG). Other nations of APAQG are South Korea, China, Indonesia, Singapore, Taiwan and Japan.
- With this HAL is now a part of Global Quality team dedicated to bring improvements in the Aerospace Quality.
- The membership allows HAL to participate in international forums and contribute to the development and revision of current and new quality Standards
- It also enables HAL to have access to various Quality System Standards and other guidelines developed by IAQG.
- For becoming part of IAQG, HAL has to be a member of APAQG and then graduate to IAQG as a voting member by virtue of being an OEM in India.
About International Aerospace Quality Group (IAQG)
- The IAQG is an international non-profit cooperative global organisation that brings aviation, defence and space companies together to deliver more value at all levels of supply chain.
- It establishes and maintains Quality Management System standards (9100 series) and controls the certification system.
- The IAQG comprises Europe (EAQG), Americas (AAQG) and Asia-Pacific (APAQG) sectors.