appointments Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Madhukar Kamath, chairman emeritus of advertising firm DDB Mudra group, has been elected as chairman of Audit Bureau of Circulations (ABC) for year 2019-2020. He has more than 4 decades of experience in advertising and marketing services.
About Madhukar Kamath
He has also been president of Advertising Agencies Association of India (AAAI) chairman of The Advertising Standards Council of India (ASCI) and chairman of Mudra Foundation. He has been on the board of the industry body, which certifies circulation figures of its member publications. He also helped Omnicom acquire Mudra Group and integrate it into DDB Worldwide Network. He has served as chairman and mentor of brand consultancy Interbrand and has led several industry bodies.
About Audit Bureau of Circulations (ABC) of India
It is a not for profit circulation-auditing organisation. It is responsible for certifying and auditing the circulations of major publications, primarily of newspapers and magazines in India. It is a voluntary organisation, founded in 1948. It is private entity operating in different parts of the world. ABC’s services such as certificates of circulation are being availed by advertisers, publishers, advertising agencies and organisations connected with print media advertising.
Tags: ABC • appointments • Audit Bureau of Circulations of India • Madhukar Kamath • Media
ITBP Director General S S Deswal was given additional charge of counter-terror force National Security Guard (NSG). He will take over from incumbent NSG DG Sudeep Lakhtakia who is set to retire on 31st July 2018.S S Deswal is 1984-batch Indian Police Service (IPS) officer of Telangana cadre.
About National Security Guard (NSG)
- It was established in 1984, to protect states against internal disturbances and terrorism. It is under administrative control of Union Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA).
- It is Federal Contingency World Class Zero Error Force. It deals with anti-terrorist activities in all its forms.
- It is not categorised under Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) and has Special Forces mandate. Its core operational capability is provided by Special Action Group (SAG) which is drawn from Indian Army. The post NSG DG is occupied by an IPS officer.
- Functions: It is trained to conduct counter terrorist operations including bomb disposal, counter hijacking tasks on land/sea/air as well as Post Blast Investigation (PBI) and Hostage Rescue missions. It is intended for use only in exceptional situations and do not take over functions of other Para Military Forces or State Police Forces. Its police component Special Rangers Group (SRG) is mandated to handle VIP security and is composed of personnel on deputation from other CAPF.
- Why Black Cats? NSG personnel also called Black Cats due to their black dress and black cat insignia worn by them on their uniform.
- Achievement: 26/11, Operation Black Tornado , Operation Ashwamedh, akshardham attack.
Tags: appointments • Director General • ITBP • National Security Guard • Persons in News