appointments Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Senior IPS officer Dineshwar Sharma was appointed as new Director of Intelligence Bureau (IB). He will succeed Syed Asif Ibrahim. His name was cleared by the Appointments Committee of Cabinet (ACC) headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
About Dineshwar Sharma
He is a 1979-batch IPS officer of Kerala cadre and has worked with National Security Advisor (NSA) Ajit Doval during his earlier stint as IB chief. He was the head of state Intelligence Bureau of Uttar Pradesh when Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh was the chief minister. He was posted in IB in 1991, since then he has served at various desks in IB since which includes Kashmir, Northeast besides stints in Lucknow. Before this appointment to top post, he was special director in the IB.
The Centre has appointed senior IPS officer Anil Kumar Sinha as the new Director of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI). He will take over from Ranjit Sinha who will retire 3rd December 2014.
His name was cleared by the Appointments Committee of Cabinet headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Appointments Committee had shortlisted Anil Sinha’s name from names of about 40 officers shortlisted by the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT).
Earlier Prime Minister Narendra had consulted Selection committee headed by him to clear Sinha’s name. Selection committee’s collegium comprised of the Prime Minister, Chief Justice of India HL Dattu and the leader of the largest Opposition party (Congress) – Mallikarjun Kharge.
The term of Anil Sinha will be for two years from the date he takes charge.
About Anil Kumar Sinha
- He is a 1979 batch IPS officer of Bihar cadre.
- Before appointment as Director of CBI, he was serving as a Special Director in CBI.
- Before joining CBI, he was posted as additional secretary in the Central Vigilance Commission (CVC). He has also served as DIG and IG in Special Protection Group, New Delhi.
- In Bihar, he has held various senior positions including ADG (law and order) and ADG (vigilance) before moving to the Centre.
- He was awarded the police medal for meritorious service in 2000 and the President’s police medal for distinguished service in 2006.