Art & Culture Current Affairs Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Punjab state is celebrating the 350th years of foundation of holy city Sri Anandpur Sahib.
The celebrations began after Chief Minister Prakash Singh Badal dedicated the 81 feet high ‘Khanda’, installed at Sri Anandpur Sahib to the humanity.
The installed Khanda symbolizes the glorious legacy and rich cultural heritage of this holy city of bliss on its 350th foundation day.
Facts about Sri Anandpur Sahib
- The holy city Sri Anandpur Sahib was founded in 1665 by the Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur, ninth Guru of Sikhs. Later in 1699, Khalsa Panth was created here by the Tenth Guru Sri Guru Gobind Singh.
- Anandpur Sahib is situated in a city in Rupnagar district (Ropar) of Punjab and located on the lower spurs of the Himalayas surrounded with the river Sutlej forming a border on the south west.
- It is commonly known as the holy City of Bliss which is one of the most important sacred places for Sikhs. It is closely linked with their religious traditions and history of Sikhism.
Researchers in Peru have discovered trios of statuettes which belong to some 3,800 years ago.
They were discovered by research team led by archaeologist Ruth Shady. The final discovery announcement was made by the Peruvian Cultural Ministry in Lima.
The mud statuettes were found inside a reed basket in a building at the ancient city of Vichama in northern Peru.
- These statuettes are believed to be created by the ancient Caral civilization some 3,800 years ago.
- They were Probably were used in religious rituals performed before breaking ground on a new building.
- Among discovered statuettes, two are of the figures consisting of a naked man and woman painted in white, black and red. It is believed that they represent political authorities.
- The third statue is of women with 28 fingers and red dots on her white face. It is believed that she represent a priestess.
- Researchers also have unearthed two mud figurines of women’s faces wrapped in cloth and covered with yellow, blue and orange feathers.
The Caral civilization had emerged some 5,000 years ago and had lived in Peru’s Supe Valley. They have left behind impressive architecture including pyramids and sunken amphitheaters.