Article 370 Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Indian Oil Corporation on 17th November, 2019, launched special winter grade diesel that will remain unfrozen even at -33 degree Celsius. This will help to provide continuous and year-round access to the snow-covered regions.
- The fuel meets BIS specification of BS-VI grade
- It was produced and certified at Panipat Refinery
- The winter grade diesel is to be supplied to the region from Jalandar in Punjab.
- The step will help to maintain continuous road connectivity to the region
- Motorists in the region of Kaza, Ladakh, Kargil and Keylong always face the problem of diesel freezing when their winter temperatures drop below -30 degree Celsius. The step will help solve the problem.
- The step will boost Government’s plan of Rs 50,000 crore investment in the territory in areas of education, power, tourism and solar.
About winter Grade Fuel
Diesel Fuel is prone to waxing in cold weather. Below its Cloud Point, diesel begins to form wax particles. Cloud Point refers to the temperature below which the fuel particles begin to cloud together and form solidified waxes. The waxing in diesel fuel can be prevented by using certain additives
Tags: Article 370 • BIS • Diesel Supply • Kargil • Kashmir
A 28-member delegation from European Union met PM Modi on October 28, 2019. The delegation will visit Kashmir on October 29, 1019. The delegation is to check on the reality of the situation in Kashmir. This is the first trip to the region by a foreign delegation after India revoked Article 370 and integrated Kashmir with the rest of the country. India rejected US ‘s plea to visit the region earlier in October.
Highlights of PM’s speech to the delegates
- PM asserted that there should be Zero Tolerance for terrorism
- He also highlighted India’s jump in Ease of Doing Business Index from 142nd rank in 2014 to 63 in 2019
- He mentioned about the success of swachh Bharat, Ayushman Bharat, India’s commitment to eliminate TB by 2025
- The delegation will get a clear understanding about the cultural and religious diversity of Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh
- GoI’s decision to allow a foreign delegation implies that situation is coming under control
- It will also take the wind out of the sails of Pakistan and Pakistan inspired anti-India liberal lobbies.
- As Europe is not in a position to wield the big power stick as that of US, experts believe that it is wise to let the EU first