Article 370 Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
A 28-member delegation from European Union met PM Modi on October 28, 2019. The delegation will visit Kashmir on October 29, 1019. The delegation is to check on the reality of the situation in Kashmir. This is the first trip to the region by a foreign delegation after India revoked Article 370 and integrated Kashmir with the rest of the country. India rejected US ‘s plea to visit the region earlier in October.
Highlights of PM’s speech to the delegates
- PM asserted that there should be Zero Tolerance for terrorism
- He also highlighted India’s jump in Ease of Doing Business Index from 142nd rank in 2014 to 63 in 2019
- He mentioned about the success of swachh Bharat, Ayushman Bharat, India’s commitment to eliminate TB by 2025
- The delegation will get a clear understanding about the cultural and religious diversity of Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh
- GoI’s decision to allow a foreign delegation implies that situation is coming under control
- It will also take the wind out of the sails of Pakistan and Pakistan inspired anti-India liberal lobbies.
- As Europe is not in a position to wield the big power stick as that of US, experts believe that it is wise to let the EU first
Tags: Article 370 • Counter-Terrorism • India-EU • India-European Union • Kashmir
A delegation of Group of Intellectuals and Academicians (GIA) presented a ‘Report from Ground Zero’ on Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh after setting aside of Article 370 & 35A to Dr Jitendra Singh, Minister of State (MoS) in PMO.
The delegation briefed Minister about findings of their observations after field study of situation in Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh. The briefings included that common man across religions, sections and various professional backgrounds in J&K has expressed happiness about the decision of Government to scrap Article 370.
About Group of Intellectuals and Academicians
GIA was founded in 2015. It is a group of empowered professional Indian women and entrepreneurs, media persons, intellectuals & academicians working together to elevate the position of women in our society, committed to work in service of nation.
Objective: To become the voice of most silent and underprivileged section of our nation with legal and academic support.
Composition: National leaders, distinguished lawyers of Supreme Court, industrialists, sportswomen, writers, poets, President Awardees, principals of colleges, professors of prestigious institutions, directors of institutes, internationally renowned artists/dancers, IT professionals and many others from various fields.