Artificial Intelligence Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The 5th edition of India-Europe 29 Business Forum was recently held at Pravasi Bharatiya Kendra in New Delhi from 20 to 21 November 2019. It was organized by industry body Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and Union Ministry of External Affairs. It saw participation of some 400 delegates from 29 European countries. The focus sectors for this edition of forum were Smart Cities, IT & ITES, Renewable Energy, Pharma and Artificial Intelligence (AI). India-Europe 29 Business Forum is India’s largest European Platform.
Europe 29 region: It stretches from Switzerland in west to Turkey in the east and Norway in the north to Cyprus in the south. It comprises following countries: Austria, Albania, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Croatia, Moldova, Macedonia, Bulgaria, Malta, Norway, Denmark, Poland, Estonia, Romania, Finland, Serbia, Greece, Cyprus, Montenegro, Iceland, Sweden, Latvia, Czech Republic Slovak Republic, Hungary, Slovenia, Switzerland and Turkey.
China’s “16+1″ mechanism
China is making inroads into this Europe 29 region with increased investments and joint ventures. In 2012, it launched so called “16+1″ (i.e. China+16 European countries) mechanism to boost cooperation between the two. The stated aim of this mechanism is to enhance and expand investment, financial, scientific, transportation, educational and cultural cooperation between China and Central and East European (CEE) countries. China has prioritized three areas of economic cooperation: high-technology, green technology and infrastructure development under this mechanism. Most of the 16+1 countries are European Union (EU) members, but the grouping also includes five non-EU states. According to some critics, there are major misgivings in Europe over 16+1 format as in it seen in EU as an attempt by China to divide union by offering investments to less-developed members of EU in exchange for political influence.
Tags: Artificial Intelligence • Business • Confederation of Indian Industry • Economy • India–Europe 29 Business Forum
The Robotic Surgery Facility was opened in the Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi. It is one of the biggest tertiary care referral centre of India under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. It caters to all poor patients of uro-oncological cancers like bladder cancer, kidney failure, kidney cancers from different parts of the country.
With the new Robotic surgery facility, it becomes the first Government hospital in India to begin the minimally invasive surgery facility.
- The hospital has so far done 25 surgeries using robotic system. It includes kidney cancer, bladder cancer and advanced reconstructive surgeries.
- Around 21 operation theaters (OT) have been dedicated to the renal transplant OTs and robotic OTs for urology cancers and kidney failures for poor patients in India.
- The Robotic surgeries will go live from November, 2019.
Safdarjung Government Hospital
- The LIVE 3-D Laproscopic Surgeries Web cast that shows complex uro-oncology and reconstructive surgeries is first in its kind.
- The programme of live telecast in the hospital has been integrated with the E-Health online education programme of Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. The programme connects 52 medical colleges all over India
- The hospital also has a National Robotic training center.