Artificial Intelligence (AI) Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
To help geriatric care, students of IIT Kharagpur have developed an application called CARE4U that connect the caregiver to the elderly person. It will inform the caregiver when elderly person falls down with exact location.
It is an android-based app that will connect caregiver to elderly person. By using the network-based fall detection algorithm in CARE4U app installed on phone of elderly can detect whether elderly has fallen down.
If there is a fall, app automatically calls caregiver and emergency services along with providing exact location of elderly person.
Features of CARE4U App
Mood Index: App can also detect emotions as whenever elderly opens the app the phone takes his picture and a mood index is calculated. This index detects whether person is sad or not and automatically updates caregiver with time stamp. Thus caregiver can check what mood senior citizen has been through in day.
Cognitive Intelligent Chatbot: To make mood index feature more effective IIT team has developed a cognitive intelligent chatbot for elderly person to engage with. For instance chatbot can recommend a motivational quote or an old song when the person is sad.
No cloud service: Best thing about app is that except for chatbot, all other machine learning models run on mobile itself i.e. no cloud service is needed. This implies that even if there is no internet connection, all other features such as fall detection, emotion detection will work.
Medicine Reminder: It also has a record of medical histories, allergies’ account, an SOS (emergency) button, real time location tracking and also has Medicine Reminder feature to remind both elderly as well as caregiver that it is time for former to take medicine.
Tags: Artificial Intelligence (AI) • CARE4U • Cognitive Intelligent Chatbot • Geriatric Care • IIT-Kharagpur
The Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) has laid out its plans to introduce artificial intelligence (AI) system in its MCA 21 portal. It will be introduced when Ministry will roll out the Version 3 of the MCA 21.
- Background: In early 2019, the Ministry of Corporate Affairs sought applications from various service providers so as to develop as well as operate upgraded version of MCA 21 system.
- Objective: To make compliance process easier and to ensure that routine enforcement activities are done regularly on autopilot basis.
- Need: The main focus of Ministry in introducing AI system is to rationalise all forms filled and to follow principle of a single source of truth. This means that one would not be required to fill in the known details again, as it will get filled automatically.
- The MCA also seeks to interlink databases so that routine enforcements are done 24×7 on autopilot basis.
About MCA 21
- About: The MCA 21 is one of 31 Mission Mode Projects (MMP) of National e-Governance Plan (NeGP) of Government of India. This is first Mission Mode Project to be launched under NeGP and is e-governance initiative from the Ministry of Corporate Affairs to meet stakeholder needs in the 21st century.
- Background: The MCA 21 system was first started in 2006. The first phase (Phase I: from 2006- December 2012) of e-governance initiative of ministry was implemented by Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) and the ongoing second phase (Phase II: from January 2013-July 2021) is being implemented by Infosys.
- Significance: The portal is electronic backbone of MCA for distribution of information to all its concerned stakeholders, including the investors, regulators and corporates. It protects investors and also offers many important services to stakeholders.
- It regulates corporate affairs in India through Companies Act, 1956, 2013 and other allied Acts, Rules and Bills. It also allows electronic filings of various documents under Companies Act, 2013.
- It has also fully automated all processes related to compliance and enforcement monitoring under the Act.
- The portal act as a gateway to all guidance, services, and other corporate affairs related information