Union Finance minister Arun Jaitley presented Union Budget 2018 in Parliament. It is last full budget of Narendra Modi Government before 2019 Lok Sabha elections.
- Economy firmly on course to achieve high growth of 8%.
- GDP growth at 6.3% in second quarter of 2017-18.
- Growth in second half likely to remain between 7.2% to 7.5% .
- Manufacturing, services, and exports sectors are back on good growth path.
- Budget Revised Estimates for Expenditure at Rs.21.57 lakh crore
- R Fiscal Deficit estimates revised at 3.5% of GDP
- Central Government’s Debt to GDP ratio to be brought down at 40%