Arunachal Pradesh Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Union government has decided to construct 51 new low-cost airports to provide fillip to civil aviation sector and enhance air connectivity to Tier-II and Tier-III cities. Apart from the low-cost airports, the government has decided grant new international airport status to Bhubaneswar and Imphal at a cost of Rs 20,000 crore.
The 51 cities which have been chosen for the project are:
Andhra Pradesh: Vijayawada, Nellore, Kurnool, Kadapa, Nizamabad, Tirupati, Anantapur and Karimnagar
- Jharkhand: Dhanbad, Bokaro and Hazaribagh
- Bihar: Muzaffarpur, Chapra and Sasaram
- Punjab: Ludhiana, Jalandhar and Firozpur
- Uttar Pradesh: Agra, Allahabad, Moradabad, Saharanpur, Meerut, Aligarh, Bijnor, Muzaffarnagar and Azamgarh
- Arunachal Pradesh: Tezu, Bomdila and Along
- Assam: Silchar, Jorhat and Tezpur
- Madhya Pradesh: Gwalior, Singrauli, Burhanpur, Khandwa, Jabalpur, Sidhi and Shahdol
- Rajasthan: Ajmer, Kota, Bhilwada and Alwar
- Maharashtra: Kolhapur, Nasik, Jalgaon, Solapur and Amarawati
- Odisha: Brahmpur, Rourkela and Kendujhar
To combat the issue of increasing crimes against the women, the first all-women police station started functioning in Itanagar (Arunachal Pradesh).
The state cabinet had recently passed a proposal to set up all-women police station. To deal with crime against women, the state cabinet has also approved the creation of separate cells in all the seventeen district headquarters and the Police headquarters of the state. To run these cells the state is also running a special recruitment drive for recruiting women police personnel.