Arvind Kejriwal Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal has been named among the world’s 50 greatest leaders by Fortune magazine. He is sole leader from India in the list and has been placed at 42nd position.
2016 edition is Fortune magazine’s third annual ‘World’s 50 Greatest Leaders’ list and it has been topped by Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos.
- Top 10: Jeff Bezos (1st position), Angela Merkel (2nd), Aung San Suu Kyi (3rd), Pope Francis (4th), Tim Cook (5th), John Legend (6th), Christiana Figueres (7th), Paul Ryan (8th), Ruth Bader Ginsburg (9th) and Sheikh Hasina (10th).
- Indian Americans in the list: Indian-American Nikki Haley and Resham Saujani were placed at 17th and 20th position respectively.
- Nikki Haley is South Carolina’s Governor and Resham Saujani is founder and CEO of tech organization ‘Girls Who Code’.
- Others in the list: US astronaut Scott Kelly and Russian cosmonaut Mikhail Kornienko (22th), IMF Managing Director Christine Lagarde (36), Melinda Gates and Susan Desmond-Hellmann (41th), Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau (48) and Bhutanese Prime Minister Tshering Tobgay (50).
About World’s 50 Greatest Leaders list
The ‘World’s 50 Greatest Leaders’ list of Fortune Magazine features men and women from across the globe from the fields of government, business, arts and the philanthropy who are transforming the world and inspiring others to do the same.
Tags: Arvind Kejriwal • Current Affairs 2016 • Fortune Magazine • Persons in News
A special cleanliness drive, Swachh Delhi Abhiyan has been launched in the national capital Delhi to remove debris and garbage lying in various localities.
The drive was launched by Urban Development Minister Venkaiah Naidu and shall continue in New Delhi till the end November 2015 month.
- Launched as part of Union Government’s flagship Swachh Bharat Abhiyan.
- It is being undertaken up by the Union Government, Delhi government and all the three Municipal Corporations of Delhi.
- Under the campaign, 3 municipal bodies in Delhi will clear the garbage and the concrete waste will be lifted by the Public Works Department (PWD) of Delhi government.
- Earlier, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal had launched a special mobile application to give a push to the drive.
- Using this app and appilication people can send photographs of debris and garbage lying in their areas so that the concerned agencies could take steps to remove them.